"trans. (T. Onoma)" <transami / runbox.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:200409300747.00023.transami / runbox.com...

> So back to point. To me the Class[] constructor notation is poor, and
Class()
> is much preferable. Note, I am not advocating a replacement for .new(),
as I
> think some have taken it. Nor am I suggesting filling-up Kernel space.

Fine. :-)

> Nor
> that my example method_missing means is the proper approach. Rather, it
would
> simply be a special class constructor that one could define in the
classes,
> and would default to Class.new.

Just a side note: if I wanted specialized constructors, I'd use class
instance methods like this:

class Foo
  def initialize(...)

  def self.newEmpty()
    allocate
  end

  def self.newBla()
    x = allocate
    x.foo = "bar"

But in fact I haven't felt the need for this so far.

Regards

    robert