On Thursday, September 30, 2004, 12:09:33 PM, Gavin wrote:

> At what point do you cross over from:
> 	"Various ways to accomplish the same goal is good,
> 	because it allows the language to work the way
> 	different people think about working."
> into the land of:
> 	"Duplicate names and techniques to do the same
> 	atomic thing ends up confusing the nubys"
> ?

[snip good examples]

AFAIC, there's no objective answer.  I dislike the extremes in both
directions (that goes for any topic, really).  Python is way too
strict for my taste.  Ruby is pretty much fine, IMO.  If I were king,
I'd tighten it up just a little, and probably screw the whole thing
up.

Gavin