On Wednesday 29 September 2004 04:45 pm, Paul Brannan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 04:42:02AM +0900, trans.  (T. Onoma) wrote:
> > Oh, and also, why is set_trace_func turning up with nil binding?
>
> Can you post a short sample that produces this?

Thanks for asking, since I may not have bothered to do this otherwise. It
looks like the binding is nil the same time that the class is false --on
'end' events. At least that's when it turns up with this example:

01  set_trace_func proc{ |e, f, l, m, b, k|
02    puts "#{e}, #{f}, #{l}, #{m}, #{k}" if ! b
03  }
04
05  module T
06    # setup
07    class Test
08      def initialize; @example = true; end
09      def test; "Okay!"; end
10    end
11  end
12
13  t = T::Test.new
14  t.test
15  t.test

Which returns:

  end, t.rb, 7, , false
  end, t.rb, 5, , false

I'm not sure why this would be. Isn't there always a context? Also I find the
line numbers odd (I added for easy reading), those mark where the 'class'
event occurs.

T.