Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 01:15:04AM +0900, Richard Dale wrote:
>> Richard Dale wrote:
>>
>> > QtRuby uses method_missing to trap method calls and redirect them to
>> > the Smoke library. So I wonder if Singleton interferes with
>> > method_missing in some way.
>>
>> I've just restored the Singleton stuff, and it works fine. So I think the
>> Singleton error was actually a problem with the code only being half
>> ported from Ruby/Qt to QtRuby.
> They said qtruby on the ruboids website unless I misread it. But the
> specification of requirements was very vague.
>
> I must have done something wrong when compiling the extension.
> I first compiled everything with autoconf and it did not work because I
> was missing -lstdc++, so I added that.
> And the result was the broken singleton.
>
> Reading about the compilation once again I decided to try the extconf.rb
> stuff but now Qt.rb gets installed as Qt/Qt so I have to modify the
> included examples to work (I tried hello only).
I think that is another problem with the Mac OS X build - Qt.rb should be
installed at the top level along with qtruby.bundle, and qtruby.rb
installed in Qt/qtruby.rb.

> But now the singleton in ruboids works. I get the proper error message I
> do not have GLX (which I currently do not) and nothing else.
>
> I am sorry I caused so much trouble by miscompiling the extension.
> But it would be much clearer what to do if the stuff expanded into two
> directories, one handled by automake and the other by extconf.
>
> I will look at the other stuff you sent me tomorrow, it is quite late
> here already.
No problem. I've added it to the QtRuby code examples now in
qtruby/rubylib/examples/ruboids. It's a really good OpenGL/Qt::GL* widgets
example, and there wasn't one before. I've also added you exconf.rb change
and corrected the README.build file about Mac OS X.