In article <1096480722.300929.155700 / k17g2000odb.googlegroups.com>,
rcoder / gmail.com <rcoder / gmail.com> wrote:

>Has anyone managed to build a static Ruby binary with, at minimum, the
>OpenSSL library included? I can get most of the way through the build
>using the normal Ruby build infrastructure,

Ooops, sorry, that probably means that you did what I suggested in my

> but I keep getting
>undefined reference errors for 'krb5_*' symbols. I'm sure I can force
>the inclusion of the proper Kerberos libs, but before I bang my head
>against this all day, I'd like to see what if any luck the veterans
>around here have had with purely-static Ruby builds.

Don't you have to get the source to OpenSSL and compile that to a .a
first and then build Ruby with static linking for openssl?  Seems like I
was playing with this several months ago.  I thought it was successful, but
maybe not.  I'm pretty sure this should be doable.

Also, I wonder if you need a different version of OpenSSL?

Phil