On Wednesday 29 September 2004 10:23 am, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
> Me too... I haven't found a place to use it since I read about it two
> minutes ago, but it sends a tingle down my spine just thinking about
> it. It is definitely polymorphic Ruby goodness. Maybe we can convince
> Nowake to submit an RCR?

Nice! I just ran into a possible use. Sometimes set_trace_func returns nil for
a binding. Passing this nil to methods expecting a binding causes further
exception handling needs. Blech! With the above I could pass on a "fake
binding" without having to create an actual FakeBinding class. Not bad.

Anyone see any issues with this?

Oh, and also, why is set_trace_func turning up with nil binding?

Thanks!
T.