Francis Hwang wrote:
> Another interesting thing is that this is for a financial firm, not a
> web consulting firm. Finance companies aren't known for being
> risk-takers when it comes to technology: They tend to like
> technologies backed by big companies, and vendors with deep pockets.
>
> Just last week, at the monthly Ruby-NYC meeting, I was pointing out
> that in NYC we're a year or two behind the curve when it comes to tech
> and Ruby adoption, but hey, at least somebody's getting there.

Interesting, but you'd think that if someone is serious enough to have a
job opening with Ruby as part of the title, someone on this list would
know them, especially considering they're asking for a "Senior" Ruby
developer.

Anybody know who this is?

I'd be interested to know if they have other Rubyists working there --
I'd expect they would, wouldn't they?

Ben