Another interesting thing is that this is for a financial firm, not a
web consulting firm. Finance companies aren't known for being
risk-takers when it comes to technology: They tend to like
technologies backed by big companies, and vendors with deep pockets.

Just last week, at the monthly Ruby-NYC meeting, I was pointing out
that in NYC we're a year or two behind the curve when it comes to tech
and Ruby adoption, but hey, at least somebody's getting there.

Francis