Jim Weirich wrote:

> There are two steps to creating a gem ...
> 1) Create a Gem Specification.
> 2) Run: gem builder gemspecfile.

Reminds me of the old recipe for elephant stew. Or -- was it Carl Sagan
who said, "To make chicken soup from scratch, you must first create the
universe"?

> The hard part is step one where you need to come up with all the metadata.
>  A good place to start is:
>
>     http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?CreateAGemInTenMinutes
>
> The page has a gem spec that you can start with an edit to your
> satisfication.

Yes, I did read that. My questions were all post-RTFM FWIW. One should
always RTFM ASAP IMHO.

> Or wait till this weekend and we can help you in person!

Now there's a thought.

Really it shouldn't take long. Maybe Thur evening?

At any rate, I want to make it available no later than my talk. Just in case
people want to look at it.

Thanks,
Hal