--4L2uOK2NJwnFyV0XOHS

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 08:42 +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: segfaulting in IO.popen()"
>     on Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:07:18 +0900, Andres Salomon <dilinger / voxel.net> writes:
>
> |I'm having a problem w/ mod_xmlrpc segfaulting inside a call to
> |IO.popen.  The code snippet that's being run is:
> |
> |cmd = 'sudo ' + PRIV + ' /usr/bin/apt-get -u --trivial-only dist-upgrade'
> |skip = 2
> |
> |f = IO.popen(cmd)
> |output = f.readlines
>
> Can you show us error reproducing script and how to run it?  Code
> snippet is not enough to detect bugs.  Do I have to compile

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it with an individual script; I need
all the scripts together (this bug has been incredibly frustrating to
narrow down).   I actually managed to make the bug go away by wrapping
dbi, openssl, and ipaddr requires w/ GC.disable/GC.enable (ie,
GC.disable
require 'ipaddr'
GC.enable).

> |http://www.acm.rpi.edu/~dilinger/modxmlrpc-snap.tar.gz
>
> to get an error?

Yes; the dependencies are kind of specific (apache2, xmlrpc-c, cmake..).
If you use debian, I can prepare packages for you (libapache2-mod-
xmlrpc2 is already in debian testing/unstable, but it's an older version
that doesn't have ruby support).

I'll try to narrow this down as much as possible, as I realize I'm not
giving you much to work w/; unfortunately, I've seen variations of this
bug (I think) before, and it's been randomly appearing/disappearing for
months.

--
Andres Salomon <dilinger / voxel.net>

--4L2uOK2NJwnFyV0XOHS