SASADA Koichi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will show presentation about "YARV - Yet Another RubyVM"
> in RubyConf2004.
>
> But I have no enough topic to talk about that for 40 mins full.

Unless you've given this presentation before, time estimates can be hard
to get right.  You may end up running longer than you think.

And if you don't use a full 40 minutes, it may balance out if the other
speakers  are running longer than their alloted time.

> Does anyone have any question about YARV or something I can
> answer? If you gime me that, I'll prepare to answer that.

It seems to me that just the general idea of a VM would take a fair
amount of time to explain, particularly if  he VM is for a dynamic
language.  Anyway, here are some questions:

Why bother?

Where do you begin when designing a VM?

What are the options?

Are there some common VM architectures?

Why not just target the Java or .Net (or compatible) VMs?

How do you handle dynamic class changes (for example, adding a new
method to String at run time)?

What are the really hard parts?

What surprised you?

James