On Monday 27 September 2004 12:53 pm, Mauricio Fernández wrote:
> module Magic
>   def wrap_method(*names, &block)
>     names.each do |name|
>       old = instance_method(name)
>       define_method(name) do |*a| # |*a, &b| on 1.9
>         block.call(name, old.bind(self), *a) # &b on 1.9
>       end
>     end
>   end
> end

Well done, albeit this the "bulky" solution I referred to. It does seem bulky
doesn't it --defining all those new methods? Or is it just me?

Nonetheless you get the idea. I'm wondering if there's a way to implement
without the bulkiness (even if it is in Ruby core, hence why I was wondering
about the fiesability of local_method_missing)

T.