On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 11:05, Brian Candler wrote:

> Regarding Associations though: if Hash#each did start returning these, you
> would clearly not be able to do
>
>     myhash.each { |k,v| ... }
>
> any more. So you'd probably want a new interator for that case:
>
>     myhash.each_pair { |k,v| ... }          # already exists
> or
>     myhash.each_with_index { |v,k| ... }    # like an array

     Perhaps.  I keep feeling that there is an "Ah ha!" lurking in here
somewhere--if we just look at things on the right way, we could (for
2.0) get nearly full backward compatibility, cleaner semantics, and
nice route for expanded expressiveness.  I'll post more if the idea
still seems reasonable after I think on it for a day or so...

    -- Markus