On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 12:20:53AM +0900, zuzu wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 01:51:58 +0900, Paul van Tilburg <paul / luon.net> wrote:
> > For a course in university (Intelligent Systems -- AI, neural nets,
> > expert systems etc.) I and others have to write some kind of intelligent
> > agent.  Inspired by the "tutor" example of the course and our love for
> > Ruby, we decided (free choice assignment) to write a Ruby Programming
> > Language Tutor.
>
> how related is this to the work of allen nwwell and john anderson with
> SOAR and ACT-R, respectively?
> http://sitemaker.umich.edu/soar/
> http://act-r.psy.cmu.edu/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_tutor

It is very related, but Lispy. :) In the course a VR agent interacting
with a student to learn him how to operate was demo'ed, very cool.
It has the same principles, just like this:
http://www.algebratutor.org/comparison.html
(nice too).

I think in our case, more heuristics are involved.  We can't make a
whole generic AI system, it would take more that the 6 weeks we have.
Just to show it works for some lessons/excersizes and that it will work
in a more generic case.

I still have no ideas on how to start/build this.  Well, I've decided on
Webrick, but that's about it. :) So if any of you have ideas on how to
undertake this assignment, please reply/let me know.

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul / luon.net
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | email: paul / luon.net