On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 01:51:58 +0900, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

> [...]
>
> | (10..15).each do |i| puts i end
> because it's common style to use { ... } for one-liners.

I saw a style guide that proposed using { ... } for blocks without side
effects and do ... end for blocks with side effects. This conveys more
information and I really like and use it.

If you start right now with devising exercises, I'd like to profit from
it, as I want to give a "real" ruby course beginning on the 4. Oktober. It
will be four four hour sessions and I need more exercises.

If you want to see what I have devised so far (attention, i'm not yet
proud of it) see
http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/course/

If anybody wants to take the time to look into the slides as they are now
and correct me or point me to include other things don't heasitate.
Creting the course material is a lot more work than I thought :/

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schröder