--Pui5YDBJbCQuJ1A1

* David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net) wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, David A. Black wrote:
>
> > Hi --
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> >
> > > I just called the conference hotel and was told that they are completely
> > > booked on Thursday and Friday nights.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Here's a list of hotels near the conference facility:
> >
> > http://www.dullesexpo.com/guestinfo/hotelinfo/index.htm
> >
> > Of those, I was told that the Homestead and Sierra ones are the
> > closest.  A number of us will have cars, so that we should be able to
> > shuttle people around pretty efficiently.
> >
> > > Also, will there be wireless access at the convention?  How about
> > > recommendations for transport to and from the airport?
> >
> > As far as I know there is no wireless.  The conference hotel has a free
> > airport shuttle; the estimate for taxis is $20 (as per the hotel
> > website).
>
> I should clarify: that's Dulles airport, not BWI.

There's also Reagan (aka National) in the area, but you can take the
metro to the Dunn-Loring stop, then take a cab from there.  There are
also a couple of shuttles that run between Dulles and Reagan, and
between Dulles and the metro.  Here's one that costs $8 one-way, and $14
round-trip:

  http://www.washfly.com/faqs.htm

If anyone else is coming from BWI, I posted some information to the list
earlier today, you can read it here:

  http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/113659

Hope this helps...

--
Paul Duncan <pabs / pablotron.org>        pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/               OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--Pui5YDBJbCQuJ1A1

--Pui5YDBJbCQuJ1A1--