On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 10:28, Markus wrote:

> > M>         test2 = Proc.new { |head,*rest|
> >
> >  try to replace `Proc.new' with `proc'
> >

>      That still works, but it doesn't really solve the problem with Proc
> (or, more to the point in my code, sub-classes of it).  In fact, it
> raises my eyebrows further.  When I type:
>
>      x.call(...)
>
> how the complier interprets "..." shouldn't depend on the history of how
> object x was created.

      User defined analogs to proc() also fail in the same way:

     def my_proc(&b); b; end

     x = my_proc { |head,*rest| ... }

interpolates an erroneous "*" when (and only when) called with a single
array.

If (as appears to be the case) no one else is working on thus I'll start
trying to tack it down.

-- MarkusQ