Ruby Quiz wrote:

> 5.  Perform a count cut using the value of the bottom card.  Cut the bottom
> card's value in cards off the top of the deck and reinsert them just above the
> bottom card.  This changes our deck to:
>
> 	2 3 4 ... 52 A B 1  (the 1 tells us to move just the B)
>
> 6.  Find the output letter.  Convert the top card to it's value and count down
> that many cards from the top of the deck, with the top card itself being card
> number one.  Look at the card immediately after your count and convert it to a
> letter.  This is the next letter in the keystream.  If the output card is a
> joker, no letter is generated this sequence.  This step does not alter the deck.
>  For our example, the output letter is:
>
> 	D  (the 2 tells us to count down to the 4, which is a D)

Step six says that the "top card itself [is] card number one". That
said, if I count 2 from the top, with the top card being #1, shouldn't
that have given me a 3 (per the listing in step 5), instead of a 4?
Which means the first output letter would be "C"...

Am I missing something? Did I misread the instructions, or is there an
error there?

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck