Thanks, David, Kaspar, Lennon, Gavin.  If any of you have some counsel
for improving the teaching employed so far, head over to the
poignant-stiffs list:

I could really use some input.  Is anyone actually learning Ruby through
the book?  Also: got any ideas for getting it out to people who wouldn't
normally read a manual?

_why