On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Alexey Verkhovsky defenestrated me:

> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 00:54, martinus wrote:
> > I have created a little text analyzation tool, that tries to extract
> > words that are important in a given text.
>
> Would you care to explain what could one use this for?

  I am not the author, but I can think of two...

  I think it could be useful for classification of spam.  Apply
this filter and then do bayesian stuff.  I bet it would significantly help
in classifying wordy spams as spams (Bayes will not do so well with things
like Nigerian spam messages).

  Another place I bet something like this is used is in google page
ranking.  They need algorithms for cutting out the noise.

-Tom

--
+ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~enebo +---- mailto:enebo / acm.org ----+
| Thomas E Enebo, Protagonist  | "A word is worth a thousand  |