On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:30:58 +0900, Gavin Sinclair
<gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> wrote:
> Anyone else with similar troubles in a different Vim/Ruby/OS setup?
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with vim 6.3 on windows. Because
i want to make sure i don't get weird ^M stuff in my files, I have set
the following in my _vimrc:
set ff=unix
set ffs=unix

Now, each time i do :h foo, or try to use a script that has ^M, i get
warnings/errors saying
Errors detected while processing modelines:
E518: Unknown option ^M

I suspect that this is actually my fault since the help files that
came with the win32 vim have crlf line endings and the default ff and
ffs settings detect and work ok with those files.

So(big assumption on my part here, haven't tested anything), this
probably works the other way too, if you have ffs=dos on windows,
files that only have \n in them fail.

--
Cristi BALAN