On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:04:45 +0900, Dennis Ranke <dennis.ranke / epost.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:52:59 +0900, Chad Fowler <chadfowler / gmail.com>
> 
> 
> wrote:
> 
> > Thanks, Dennis.  This is going to require some pretty hefty tracking.
> > I tried to reproduce it behind a proxy here at work and couldn't get
> > it to go wrong.  Can you tell us anything about your proxy config?
> 
> While trying to track down where the proxy option is lost, I just found
> the problem: Line 189 of remote_install.rb (in install_dependencies())
> reads:
> 
> remote_installer = RemoteInstaller.new
> 
> but should be something like:
> 
> if @http_proxy == false
>    remote_installer = RemoteInstaller.new(:no_proxy)
> elsif @http_proxy == true
>    remote_installer = RemoteInstaller.new
> else
>    remote_installer = RemoteInstaller.new(@http_proxy)
> end
> 

Aha! :)

> Without the proxy option the setting from the environment variable is
> used, so this bug only shows itself when you need to use the proxy to
> connect to the internet but don't have the environment variable set.
>

Thanks!  I will add this code.  I always have the environment variable
set, so I forgot to test with out it (even when you reported the bug).
 Thanks a lot for finding this and fixing it.

Chad