Anyone out there have any thoughts on how one would go about writing an
Inline::Perl sort of thing? I've done some searching, and I've found the
equivalent module for C. Unfortunately (not that I can blame him!), the
author said he wasn't interested in porting this to Perl.

I'm largely interested because there are a fairly large number of CPAN
modules I would like to use. I'm actually rewriting an application I wrote
in Perl in Ruby. My code desperately needs to be rewritten, but I'm not up
for porting a big chunk of CPAN code to ruby.

My mail address is a spam trap, so please reply to the newsgroup or the
mailing list.