* Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> [Sep 20, 2004 11:33]:
> > Last night I was wondering aloud on IRC why vim always unindented
> > comments when I typed them on a blank line.  I thought I'd fixed the
> > problem at work, but couldn't remember how.  Another guy had the same
> > problem.  After poking around a bit, I discovered that the problem was
> > that I had smartindent turned on in my .vimrc.  You really want
> > nosmartindent when editing ruby files in vim.
>
> I guess that's something I can add to ftplugin/ruby.vim then:
>
>   set <buffer> nosmartindent

Eh eh eh, that's already set by indent/ruby.vim...

	18:setlocal nosmartindent

So please don't put stuff pertaining to indentation in ftplugin.
There has to be something else going on.  Either you're resetting it to
smartindent (why, oh why would you) or you're not loading the indent
files (filetype indent on) or something completely different.

In the old days doing =<motion> over a comment wouldn't reindent the
comment, as this would break indentation for other lines.  This
non-feature has since been abolished.
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::