On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:50:56 +0900, Mehr, Assaph (Assaph)
<assaph / avaya.com> wrote:

> > $ gem install rubygems-update
> > $ update_rubygems
>
> From what I can tell the update script copies files from the gem dir to
> the site_ruby dir. Is it safe to remove the gem once the update is
> finished?

Yes.  In fact, if you run the update_script a second time, you'll see
that it says "It's safe to remove the update gem." or something like
that :)

> If yes, consider it a feature request to clean up the gem and
> the update script itself.

Thanks.  I'm sure we'll make quite a few changes to the way this works
over time.  This is kind of testing the waters.  We'll probably get
better integrated on the next release.

Chad