On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:32:11 +0900, Gary Taylor <gt / intracus.com>
wrote:

>FWIW, I got a similar problem this morning using Netscape to download the
>file on Windows.  Using IE5 worked fine though (for once ...)  The
>working tgz from the IE5 download was about 300 bytes larger than the NS
>one.

Absolutely bizarre!  IE 4.x produced a working .tgz file.  I wonder
what it is about that file (or perhaps it's the way the web server is
set up) that causes the problem.

I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that it has (effectively)
a ".1.tgz" extension, which presumably confuses Netscape under
Windows.

I guess most people pulled it down from Unix boxes, and hence didn't
hit this problem.

Thanks for the pointer.