Assaph wrote:

>>  $ gem install -r vim-ruby
>>  $ (sudo) vim-ruby-install.rb (--help)
>
> Nice one.
> However, some of the files had \r\n as line separators causing my vim to
> barf. Had to manually convert them.

D'oh!!  This release was supposed to solve that issue once and for all.
It intentionally creates \r\n lines for a Windows Vim installation and \n
lines for a Unix installation.  'od' confirms this on my machine, where I
have Vim installed for Windows and Cygwin (which is treated as Unix).

Perhaps Vim wants \n lines no matter what OS it's running on.  However, my
Windows gvim doesn't barf on the \r\n lines.

So can you give me more information about your situation?  Anything I can
do to reproduce it?

Thanks,
Gavin