Alexey Verkhovsky wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 22:13, James Britt wrote:
>
>>As for doing the actual validation against a DTD, I find rxp very good.
>>  I'm unaware of any Ruby bindings for it, though.
>

> By the way, a nuby question: how do I actually use REXML to validate the
> parsed file against DTD? There seems to be no obvious answer to it in
> the RDoc.

You don't.

REXML is a non-validating parser.

The main RDoc page for REXML says

"REXML is a pure Ruby, XML 1.0 conforming, non-validating toolkit with
an intuitive API. REXML passes 100% of the non-validating Oasis tests,
and provides tree, stream, SAX2, pull, and lightweight APIs. REXML also
includes a full XPath 1.0 implementation."

James