Returning our programming back to the epic struggle with typos :)

I am playing quite a bit with Rails these days, and I keep wondering if
there is any tool to perform static checking of eruby files?

Ideally, I would love to have something that validates them against
XHTML 1.0 DTD (keeping in mind that with Rails layout construct actual
eRuby sources may not have <html /> as the root tag.

I would even settle for something that validates them as well-formed
XML. Of course, eRuby is well-formed XML only after you remove <% %>
tags.

For now, I just put assertions in the functional tests that HTML output
is a well-formed XML conforming with XHTML Strict DTD. The downside of
this approach is having to track any violation from HTML back to the
offending .rhtml. At times it is a bit tedious. I want to find a faster
way to clean the simple problems.

Best regards,
Alex