You should check out the auth_header example in NaHi's
latest snapshots on his website for soap4r.

http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/download/

I place my auth in the headers that are sent once, and
then a session ID is sent from there on. You need a
backend manager to write. If you need help drop NaHi
or I an email. I have some experience with soap4r now
due to I had to use it for job taking forever. :)

--dross

'https://secure.myhomepage.co.uk/mywebserv/Srvice.asmx'