James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> writes:

> On Sep 17, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Mark Probert wrote:
>
>> Perhaps we could take a favorite book, "Programming Pearls" by Jon
>> Bently
>> and use some of the puzzles contained therein.  For example, from page
>> 11:
>
> I'm unfamiliar with this book, but it's looking good so far.  Pick a
> favorite problem or three and submit then to
> rubyquiz / grayproductions.net when you have a chance.

Are you familiar with http://acm.uva.es/problemset/ ?

From the site:

"Here you will find hundreds of problems. They are like the ones used
during programming contests, and are available in HTML and PostScript
formats. You can submit (by web or mail) your C, C++, Pascal or Java
sources, trying to solve any of the problems available in our
database. Please read the docs if you want to know more about the
submission methods and the judge itself."

Write a validator that accepts ruby solutions, and you'll become a
hero overnight.  ;)