James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2004, at 7:26 PM, Bill Guindon wrote:
>
>> I'm looking forward to it!  But I wouldn't limit it to just
>> programming in
>> Ruby, it could also work as a logic quiz.
>>

> I expect you to be the first person inline to submit quiz ideas.  ;)

Perhaps we could take a favorite book, "Programming Pearls" by Jon Bently
and use some of the puzzles contained therein.  For example, from page 11:

  "Given a dictionary of English words, find all sets of anagrams.  For
instance, "pots", "stop" and "tops" are all anagrams of one another because
each can be formed by permuting the letters of the others."

And its related question:

  "Consider the problem of finding all the anagrams of a given input word.
How could you solve this problem given the word and the dictionary?  What
if you could spend some time and space to process the dictionary before
answering the query?"

Regards,

--
-mark.  (probertm @ acm dot org)