On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:01:01 +0900, Dave Thomas
<Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote:

>A first version of the book Programming Ruby is now available, both
>online and for download.
>
>The online HTML can be viewed at
>
>    http://www.rubycentral.com/book/index.html
>
>The book may also be downloaded (as XML and HTML) from
>
>    http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/downloads/book.html

I downloaded the .tgz file (twice) and am having problems unzipping
it.  I've tried on both a Windows box, using two different unzipping
programs and on Linux, using gunzip.

On Linux I get the following ...

	~ 1001 -> gunzip ProgrammingRuby-0.1.tgz

	 incomplete literal tree

	gunzip: ProgrammingRuby-0.1.tgz: invalid compressed
	data--format violated

Anyone have an idea as to what's going on here?  The programs on
Windows didn't complain and generated a tar file, but the contents of
that looked like mush. I would have expected to see lots of text,
given that it's all HTML and XML.