Charles Hixson wrote:

> Dave Thomas wrote:
>

>> On Sep 16, 2004, at 6:04, Robert McGovern wrote:
>>
>>> M...

>> So, here's the question: I'd be more than happy to sign the
>> pre-orders I ship, and Andy would do the same. Would folks be OK with
>> that if it meant removing the wrap?
>>
>> Alternatively, we could include with each a signed card or label that
>> you could insert into the book after opening it. Would that work?
>> Cheers
>> Dave
>

> To me a signed copy doesn't signify.  It's the book I'm after, not the
> signature.  (I've never understood book "collectors" who keep pristine
> signed copies, that they never read for fear of damaging.)

I'm not a book collector and the book probably won't remain in pristine
condition for very long. I have read several of Dave and Andy's books
and I find them very insightful, helpful and inspiring. I would be
delighted to have a signed copy of the book.

I appreciate people even more when they show that they appreciate
others. This just makes Dave and Andy standout from the crowd of authors
in my "book".

Zach.