In article <20040915191258.1344.qmail / web53605.mail.yahoo.com>,
Brian Wisti  <brianwisti / yahoo.com> wrote:

>--- Lennon Day-Reynolds <rcoder / gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:46:00 +0900, Curt Hibbs <curt / hibbs.com>
>> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> > Very interesting... I don't know where your "area" is, where is all
>> this
>> > happening?
>> >
>> > Curt
>> >

>> Portland, OR, and the surrounding 'burbs. I'm working at Intel using
>> Ruby right now, (in a position which Phil vacated a few months ago)
>> and we're looking to hire another coder to work with me. We're not
>> the
>> only group in-house using Ruby either; we're just (AFAIK) the first
>> of
>> be hiring Ruby coders specifically.
>
>Man, why can't you guys be up here in Seattle? It's just a few miles
>away. I'm sure Intel can move every building, person, and project up
>here.

Those Robot Co-op Ruby jobs are in Seattle.  Check the link:
http://robotcoop.com/?c=Open+Positions
That place looks really cool: hardwood floors and windows that actually
open to the outside ... Powerbooks... and they seem to be using Ruby.

Once again our region leads the nation in forward thinking ;-)

>You know we're the cool kids, right? ;-)

Of course.  Portlanders always secretly worry that Seattle-ites are
cooler than us ;-)

Phil