Folks:

it looks as if my original announcement got lost somewhere, so here it
is again:

I'm pleased to announce that we are now taking pre-orders for the
second edition of Programming Ruby (the PickAxe).

You can order online at
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page5.html.
Information about the book is available at
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ruby/index.html.

We're offering the paper book, a fully hyperlinked PDF version, and a
combo pack that contains the two. Despite the fact that the new book is
more than 250 pages bigger than the old, we've managed to keep the
price about the same. We've also found some good shipping options for
folks buying the book outside the US.

The book will ship from our  store in the first week in October.
Bookstores and places such as Amazon will have it some time after that
(it takes some time to percolate through the channels). We'll ship
books in the order we receive orders, so pre-order now and be one of
the first to have a shiny new PickAxe!

Cheers

Dave

Cheers