James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2004, at 9:04 AM, Brian Schroeder wrote:
>
> > Hello Group,
> >
> > I will give a talk on ruby, and I'm missing a nice image for the first
> > slide. It may be not very creative, but I'd like a picture of a nice
> > ruby
> > gem. I did not find any good images on the net, so I wondered if maybe
> > somebody here has a good one and would give me the permission to use it
> > for my talk.
>
> If you describe what you're after I will try to ray trace one for you.

If you would be willing to do this and contribute it to the WhyRuby project
(http://whyruby.rubyforge.org/), then we could make it easily available to
anyone (also if brian would be willing to contribute his presentation, that
would be wonderful as well). A ray-traced image would be brilliant and
clear.

Here's a couple images that could serve as a model:

  http://www.facetersco-op.com/Synthetics/AZ40.jpg

  http://www.gemsbiz.com/docs/Images/Ruby_hs.jpg

The first image is clearer, but somewhat washed out, while the second has
richer color but is too dark to see all of the facets.

What would work best would be a large image (say 320x200 or 640x480) because
that could be easily scaled down for other uses.

Curt