El Martes 14 Septiembre 2004 15:25, Vincent Isambart escribióº
> Hi,

Hi,

> http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/slides/rc2003/
> I love the title of this presentation ^o^

I've read this slides... they're a "must" if you want to known what's comin'
on :)

> I think the same. Matz does not seem to have much time to work on Ruby.
> How long exactly before Ruby 2? Nobody knows, not even Matz I think...
> Before beginning to work on Rite, the testing of the Ruby 2 additions
> on the current implementation of Ruby (Ruby 1.9) must be finished, and
> only then the work on Rite will begin (Matz may already have begun
> coding for Ruby 2, but I do not think so). And rewriting Ruby and it VM
> from scratch is not easy and will take a long time... So you will have
> to keep using 1.8 and 1.9 for a while...
> If you want an estimation, at this pace I will say at _least_ 2-3
> years. It may be more. It may be less if Matz has more time or if
> someone makes a great version that is acknowledged by Matz. Only the
> future will tell us ^o^

Oh, yes, I suppose that it's a long way to go... the only thing that I'd like
to know is the status (more or less) of the development. There's no problem
to me in continue using 1.8 and 1.9... they work pretty fine :)

Thank you for your quick answers ;)

--
EuropeSwPatentFree
(o_.'   Imobach GonzáÍez Sosa   imobachgs / softhome.net