Hi,

> There's some slides from a talk Matz gave on the subject at last
> year's RubyConf.  Some kind soul will provide a URL, or google or
> ruby-doc.org might help.

http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/slides/rc2003/
I love the title of this presentation ^o^

> Apart from that, I don't think you're going to get much information :)
> I don't think all that much has been implemented.

I think the same. Matz does not seem to have much time to work on Ruby.
How long exactly before Ruby 2? Nobody knows, not even Matz I think...
Before beginning to work on Rite, the testing of the Ruby 2 additions
on the current implementation of Ruby (Ruby 1.9) must be finished, and
only then the work on Rite will begin (Matz may already have begun
coding for Ruby 2, but I do not think so). And rewriting Ruby and it VM
from scratch is not easy and will take a long time... So you will have
to keep using 1.8 and 1.9 for a while...
If you want an estimation, at this pace I will say at _least_ 2-3
years. It may be more. It may be less if Matz has more time or if
someone makes a great version that is acknowledged by Matz. Only the
future will tell us ^o^