On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Arich Chanachai defenestrated me:

> What does picking up the torch entail?

  I think you were referring to my last sentence about jruby.
I am not exactly sure what it would take to make the bytecode compiler
work.  I have not looked at that portion of the code.  Perhaps
the original author of it will chime in.

  Jruby as a project is still alive too.  It is primarily me right now,
but the CVS tree has many many fixes from the last release.  If my
real life would slow down a little bit I would finish my short-list
and put out a new release.

-Tom

--
+ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~enebo +---- mailto:enebo / acm.org ----+
| Thomas E Enebo, Protagonist  | "A word is worth a thousand  |