ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> wrote:

> >> actually *it very easy* to extend Ruby with C
>
>B> Our definitions of "very" differ.
[...]
>B> Literally just drop the C code directly into the
>B> script, and leave deciding when to recompile and how
>B> to link up to Inline.
>
>   ruby extconf.rb
>   make
>   make install
>
>  If you can't do this, perhaps there is a problem

I found that to be an unfair slam.

Did I ever indicate that it was not easy to extend
Ruby with C?  Not that I saw.  However I pointed out
that it could be even *easier*, hence I have a
different definition of "very easy" than you do.

I am baffled by how you got from there to suggesting
that I _can't_ figure out how to do it.

Now is it worth the extra work of getting Inline set
up just to make it easier to get C working with Ruby?
Almost certainly not.  But is it worth that work for
the potential of then being able to link in other
languages?  (Which is where Inline.pm is going in
Perl.)

The answer to that may be different...

Cheers,
Ben