On 12 Sep 2004 14:00:58 GMT,
Stefan Schmiedl <s / xss.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:16:48 +0900,
> why the lucky stiff <ruby-talk / whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:
>> Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/parsers/treeparser.rb:1:in `require': No
>>> such file to load -- rexml/validation/validationexception (LoadError)
>>>

>> It looks like your REXML installation is screwed up.  Go to your Ruby
>> CVS checkout and use `cvs update -d'.  This should pull down the
>> `rexml/validation' directories.
>
> scary how some folks now what's happening on my computer ...
> and don't ask how much tcl/tk stuff was missing here :-)
>
> Thanks for the quick fix.

However, I have a second computer ... ;->

There's a Win2k on it, and ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) (typical windows
installation via installer). Downloading and installation worked,
but when I created the "blahhg" blog (as per tutorial),
"hobix regen blahhg" did not create the files on the windows box,
as it did on the linux box.

The reason is that somehow some of the @..._path variables
of the weblog contain "c:/blogs/blahhg/c:/blogs/blahhg/...",
but currently I don't have time to dig further into this.

s.