I'm running ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32] with RDoc V1.0pr1:
2004/04/04 23:19:58 (1.1.2.6) on Win2k.

My project layout has the main code in lib\OOo4R,  I want my docs in
doc\,  and I want the main doc file to be lib\OOo4R\OOo.rb, so from the
root directory of my project I ran

D:\development\RubyForge\ooo4r>rdoc -m lib\OOo4R\OOo.rb lib\OOo4R

It creates the rdoc files fine, so it has no problem finding the
lib\OOo4R directory, but I get these messages along the way:

Generating HTML...
Could not find main page lib\OOo4R\OOo.rb
Could not find main page lib\OOo4R\OOo.rb
Could not find main page lib\OOo4R\OOo.rb
Could not find main page lib\OOo4R\OOo.rb

But it finds that file well enough to doc it along with the other files
in the given path.

If I leave off the directory path and just give the file name (OOo.rb),
I get a similar set of messages.  Using a complete file path doesn't
help; neither does full-path using unix-style forward slashes.

The rdoc help just says
   --main, -m name   'name' will be the initial page displayed

but says nothing about specifying the path to the file.

(I'm guessing that 'name' refers to the name of the source file, though
I suppose it could mean the name of the generated page, or the name of a
class or module.)

What's the correct syntax?

Thanks,

James