I have two issues with installing Rails via RubyGems. I'm on Mac OS X.

First, when asking to install dependencies, the prompts end with "[Yn]
". I hit return, expecting it to default to 'Y'. Instead, I saw

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::DependencyError)
     Required dependency activerecord not installed

It turns out that I must type 'y'.

Second, here's what happens when I try to install everything:

~> sudo gem install rails
Attempting local installation of 'rails'
Local gem file not found: rails.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NameError)
     (eval):1:in `class_eval': uninitialized class variable
@@inheritable_attributes_for_base in
CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore::Session

Has anybody else seen this problem? Any suggestions?

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm
"Scissors cuts Paper covers Rock crushes Lizard poisons Spock smashes