> - when you have a statement that does inserts, you must call next on the
> result set to really execute the statement: stmt.execute { |result|
> result.next } # the statement is not executed if next is not called
> It would be great to have it in the FAQ, as it took me some time to
> understand why my inserts where not working.

I did the following...

require 'sqlite'

db = SQLite::Database.new( 'test.db' )
db.execute( "create table test ( pkid INTEGER, name VARCHAR(15) )")

db.execute( "insert into test (pkid, name) values (1, 'justin')")

db.execute( "select * from test" ).each { |row|
	p row
}

db.execute( "drop table test" )
db.close()

And the inserts worked without having to call result.next.  Am I
missing something?
--
Justin Rudd
http://seagecko.org/thoughts/