Vincent Isambart wrote:

> After some checking, I got a directory '~' created where I started the
> program :oP
> It contains just an empty directory called test-hobix. I guess it did
> not like directory names with '~' in them... I do not know if you can
> correct it, but I may not be the only one to enter a directory name
> staring with '~'.
> When I created a blog with the following command, there was no
> problem: hobix create test ~/test-hobix

Indeed, thankyou, this was a problem.  The web installer has been
updated to reflect this fix.  Update again with:

  ruby -ropen-uri -e 'eval(open("http://go.hobix.com/").read)'

Don't worry.  It'll keep your existing configuration.

Also, I've just added `hobix upgrade' which does the above.

> An other comment: Does it work with webrick? The installation mentions
> apache, but does it require it?

Hobix generates static HTML by default, so it'll work with any web server.

For example, here's a WEBrick server which will scan your ~/.hobixrc and
setup a subdirectory for each one.

    #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
    require 'webrick'
    include WEBrick

    s = HTTPServer.new(
        :Port            => 2000,
        :DocumentRoot    => Dir::pwd + "/htdocs"
    )

    ## mount subdirectories
    require 'hobix/config'
    require 'hobix/weblog'
    config = File.open( File.expand_path( "~/.hobixrc" ) ) { |f|
    YAML::load( f ) }
    config['weblogs'].each do |name, path|
        weblog = Hobix::Weblog.load( path )
        s.mount("/#{ name }", HTTPServlet::FileHandler, weblog.output_path)
    end

    trap("INT"){ s.shutdown }
    s.start

So, if you have a blog which you call 'test', it will appear at
http://localhost:2000/test/.  In order for this to work right, that URL
needs to be added as the 'link' in that blog's hobix.yaml file.

_why