Vincent Isambart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Great job for SQLite/Ruby. It is really great to be able to prepare
> statements. I have played a little with it today and I have a few remarks:
> - when you have a statement that does inserts, you must call next on the
> result set to really execute the statement: stmt.execute { |result|
> result.next } # the statement is not executed if next is not called
> It would be great to have it in the FAQ, as it took me some time to
> understand why my inserts where not working.
> - a little mistake in the doc SQLite::Statement doc:
> stmt.bind_variables( 15, "hello" ) should be stmt.bind_params( 15,
> "hello" )
> (it was not updated for 2.0.1)
>
> Continue you great work ^o^
>
> Vincent Isambart

Thanks, Vincent! Great feedback--I'll get your suggestions incorporated
into the documentation.

Also, would a Statement#execute_immediate method help? It would not take
a block and would always return +nil+, but then you wouldn't have to do
an explicit "next" on the result set.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck