From: Henrik Horneber <ryco / gmx.net>
Subject: Re: REXML: Got stuck...
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:45:15 +0900

> Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>
> > Hi Rubyaner ! :)
> >
> >  I want to reorder my bookmarks, a xbel document  generated by KDE's
> >  Konqueror 3.3. with ruby (what else? ;)
> >
> >  The elements are known but they can include each other in a
> >  unpredictable order: A <folder>...</folder> can include
> >  <bookmark>...</bookmark> which can include........and so forth.
> >
> >  I want to write a loop which steps down the tree one step deeper (and
> >  the way back afterwards) at each looping...
> >
> >  My problem: I dont know the nesting depth...and I currently have no
> >  idea anymore how to achieve the wanted behaviour.
> >
> >  My code snippets either prints the very first level element "xbel"
> >  and stops then (probably caused by not able to recurse deeper) or
> >  print the whole bookmarks.xml file at once (only one loop needed
> >  -- also probably caused by not able to recurse) or print nothing.
> >
> >  Now I get stuck.
> >
> >  Any ideas? Or is there any xbel-parsing module out there? I asked
> >  ruby forge but it rerturns "nil" ;)
> >
> >  Thank you very much for any help or hint in advance !
> >
> >  Ruby.use!
> >  Meino
>
> Hi!
>
> This sounds a little bit like what Martin Fowler did with Ruby instead
> of XSLT. In short, he uses some Visitor-like approach. Google will help
> you find it (I don't have http here right now :( )
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Henrik

Hi Henrik,

 ..short question: Since I dont know the solution of my problem, I
 also dont know, of what "parts" it consists. So my question is: What
 should I feed into Google: "Martin Fowler" and "XSLT"...sonds not
 very sufficient...

 Please give me a hint...thanks a lot in advance and sorry for getting
 stuck again... :)

 Ruby.use!
 Meino