gabriele renzi wrote:
> Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 9:20 AM
> To: ruby-talk ML
> Subject: Re: IRB segfaults on latest one click installer
>

> Curt Hibbs ha scritto:
> > Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> >>I get this too. In fact if I just type "String::" and press TAB twice,
> >>irb segfaults.
>
> confirmed :/
>
> >>ruby -v says:
> >>ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]
> >

> > There is an open bug report on this:
>
> yes, I reported it there cause I had no feedback here. Is sad to hear
> that you don't know how to fix it, but is good to see that you would do
> something if you could. I hope I could do it myself..
> Thank you, anyway.

Ruby-talk is definitely the best place to report this. It was only because
of some observant ruby-talk readers that I was able to obtain a working
version of readline for windows.

Perhaps there are some other people reading this who have the expertise and
ability to find & fix this problem. If so, please let me know.

Curt