> What I'm aiming for is to have the files, the torrent file, and a
> tracker all on a public server.
>
> If I understand correctly, this should alleviate the problem of there
> being no seed, though it means that leeches all get  free pass. But
> that's no different than if I just allow straight downloads.  At least
> with BT I may get a hand in distribution, and I can (I think) throttle
> the BT bandwidth.

There should be a way to set the server's seeding to "super-seed' or
something like that. With that setting, it forces leechers to get
pieces from other leechers (or other seeders) if its available from
someone else. Only pieces that are not available elsewhere in the
cloud can be requested from the super-seed. (I think -- I'm working
from memory). If you google round, somewhere there's a FAQ or somesuch
explaining that.

Another alternative is to have scheduled seed times from the server.
I've seen some sites plan it that way, but don't know much about it
first hand.

--
Chris
http://clabs.org